Thursday 24 January 2013

Review: ELF Mineral Blush

ELF Mineral Blush in Peachy is by far my favourite blusher of all time.  It's a 100% mineral based shimmery deep pinky-red, which complements my pale skin perfectly.

Its mineral based formula contains no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.  The colour comes from natural pigments, and Titanium Dioxide provides UVA/UVB protection, so you have that extra SPF where the sun would hit your cheeks.

The Mica in the product creates a kind of soft-focus blurring effect, so any wrinkles or uneven-ness underneath the product will be diffused and disguised very subtly.

The product comes as a loose powder in a plastic pot, and is dispensed through larger-than-usual holes.  It is incredibly pigmented, so a little goes a very very very long way.  My usual blush routine is as follows: 

1. Open pot  
2. Tip excess from lid back into pot, leaving a light dust in the lid  
3. Use blusher brush to pick up small amount from lid  
4. Tap excess into pot  
5. Blow brush 
6. Apply very lightly  
7. Use small fan brush to remove excess from face.


So, obviously, it will last me forever. 

It does stay on my face all day, not budging even a smidge.  Not a bit.  Even just using the tiny amount I do, my cheeks have a slightly flushed look until I go to bed.  The colour is hard to describe - it's more red than pink on the skin, but it's so sheer that it looks like you're... well... blushing a bit.  It has a slight shimmer to it which act like a bit of a highlight, so they're more defined.

I love it.  And for £5/3.4g, it's a bargain too.  I would recommend this to anyone with a face.

Available from EyesLipsFace.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment