Tuesday 8 January 2013

Review: Glossybox July 2012


Glossybox is a monthly subscription of 5 high-end beauty product samples (with some full-size products sometimes, too) for £10 + £2.95 p&p.

You can earn Glossydots by reviewing the products sent to you in a quick survey, and redeem points for a free box. (1000 GlossyDots = 1 free box)

 'Tried and tested by the Glossybox Pros, Glossybox does the hard work for you'




The first products in the 07/12 box were some Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Line sample sachets & an
Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 sample.  

I found the line quite drying, despite claiming to moisturise and balance the skin.  I'll be honest, I used the sachets once and then they went to sachet narnia - i lost them and will probably find them later in the year at the back of my wardrobe.  I wasn't impressed with these products, and definitely wouldnt pay the RRP of £32/50ml.



The second product in my July box was a Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting in Irish Cream Pavlova.  It's a really cute lipgloss with candy inspired packaging and it's very pigmented, bright pink.  It doesn't smell at all like Irish Cream, but it smells nice, is really light and it lasts quite a while on my lips.  

It also contains healing and anti-inflammatory ingredients, although my lips have never been inflamed to the point that I needed that, so I'm not sure what it adds.  With an RRP of £10/15ml, it's pricier than most - in fact, MAC Lipglass only runs at about £3.50 more.  

Next was the 
HD Brows Bombshell Palette, and you can read my full review of this here. RRP £19.95.










The final product in the July box was 

Clynol Enrich Colour Shampoo, with liquid jewel extract and UV filter, which 'provide diamond-like shine to help resist damage and fading - a
nd it’s not just the colour that gets protection – the delicate structure of each and every strand gets an easy ride even after 30 washes, thanks to gentle, powerfully strengthening Keratin.
'
 

It claims to keep colour intensity at 90% for 30 washes, however the sample only lasted 3, so I can't verify that one! I can, however, say that my hair felt strong, healthy and had a nice bounce to it after use. (RRP. £9.35/300ml, Available from CheapSmells.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment