Thursday 28 February 2013

Quick Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

A few weeks ago, when I decided that having more pan than powder was a bad idea, I decided to try something new - I usually get a translucent powder, or a very light shade, just to set my foundation - but I went for something different this time.

On an impulse buy, I got the Rimmel London Stay Matte pressed powder in the colour Silky Beige, which is basically just a natural skin tone colour.  Nothing crazy or super dark, just a normal colour that fits my light skin quite well.

After swapping foundations last month, I needed a bit of extra colour, as the shade I have does come off as a bit yellow in some lights.

I use a very light application on a large powder brush, and just sweep it across my T-Zone, chin, and a bit on my cheeks if I need it.  It lasts all day for me, which I'm impressed with, and uses natural minerals for shine control.

Although I like the effect this has, I am in the market for a new powder, something a bit more natural, without parabens and all the other crap they've thrown into this as filler.

For something cheap and easy to pick up, it is a pretty good product, and until I find something new to replace it, I'll stick with this one.

Previous Blog Post: Review: Glossybox February 2013

Next Blog Post: Review: Olay Essentials Refreshing Toner


No comments:

Post a Comment