Tuesday 8 October 2013

September 2013 Glossybox Review

Glossybox is a monthly subscription of 5 high-end beauty product samples (with some full-size products sometimes, too) for £10 + £2.95 p+p)


You can earn Glossydots by reviewing the products in a quick survey, or by inviting friends, and redeem points for a free box.  Each survey is worth 50 points, and 1000 Glossydots = 1 free box, so if you review 5 products a month, every 5th Glossybox should be free.  You get 200 Glossydots for every friend that signs up and places an order. 

My review is sliiiightly late this month, but for a good reason - the box was rubbish and I have had NO motivation to write about the products whatsoever (that's a good reason, right?)  So I'm going to make this short and sweet.

 First up, the Toni and Guy Classic Shine and Gloss Serum.  This is a 30ml bottle (which I think is a good size for a serum, as it lasts a looong time) with a pump action, so you can easily control how much you get out.  It pretty much does what it says, but I find that if you use as much as the instructions tell you to, your hair will look and feel greasy, so if you do decide to spend the £7.19 on this product, use it sparingly.

Next, the product I dread getting every month, the bane of my Glossybox experience (and possibly my entire life), false lashes.   I'm tired all the time, I don't get enough sleep and my eyes generally aren't all that awake.  If I wear false lashes, they touch my eyebrows.  The only ones I can wear are half lashes or the shortest individual ones, but to be quite honest, I like my natural lashes (with a generous coating of mascara, anyway) so PLEASE, Glossybox, don't send me false lashes.  They will sit in a box with all my others that you have sent to me, and will never get used.  These ones are from eyelure and are pre-glued, which is probably handy for people who can use them.  I wouldn't know if it helps, because I can't wear them.  RRP £5.09.





Third, a felt tip eyeliner from Be A Bombshell, a company I'd never heard of before.  It worked SO WELL for the first 2 days! I had a lovely, precise, opaque line with a perfect point on the wing.  And then it dried up completely and now I can't use it.  RRP £9 - Personally I wouldn't pay £9 for 2 days of eyeliner.















Next was a tube of Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher in the colour Pop of Pink - I don't find it to be anything worth shouting about, and wouldn't spend the £4.49 for the 14ml tube.  It has a strange consistency, somewhere between a gel and a cream, sort of like a paste, and it just doesn't feel nice at all.  It doesn't blend well with either fingers or a brush, and isn't pigmented enough to be worth putting on, in my 
opinion anyway.











Finally, the one redeeming product in the box (there's always one) was - and I never thought I'd day this - a perfume sample.  It was a sample of Elizabeth Arden Untold.  I love Elizabeth Arden perfumes.  They're amazing, and this sample came in a miniature version of the most beautiful bottle, curved glass with a quilted pattern, ahhhh I love it.  And it smells so.  damn.  good.  Floral and fruity and light and just the most perfect scent. I think this will be going on my birthday wishlist, at £48 for 50ml it's actually a pretty good price for the chance to smell like this every day.  








All in all, another pretty disappointing Glossybox, I would cancel my subscription now but my next box is free thanks to my Glossydots from the surveys from the last few boxes, so I will give it one more month...  Step up your game, Glossybox!





If you haven't liked my Facebook page, head on over and get updates on new blog posts and some extra mini-reviews etc. Click Here!
Next Post: Coming Soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment